CUTLASS Dome Light Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
My 87 442 is so cheezy it still is rocking the original round dome. I might swap it out for one with a reading lamp, but I don't know.

Mar 14, 2022
Ha, yeah, I was thinking of putting in an LED. I really wish I could find more warm white LED's from name brands. Every automotive LED retrofit I've tried that wasn't Phillips or Sylvania has failed pretty quickly. My old car was a 1991 Honda Accord that I kept in mint condition, and I retrofitted nearly every light in it to LED's, but only the name-brand ones lasted more than a few months. Have you had good luck with those PLT bulbs? This is the first time I've looked for LED retrofits for a while, and it's nice to see a name brand offer 3000K bulbs (not a fan of cool white in a car interior).

Good to know that you had luck with glue! I had a feeling it wouldn't be reliable, but I can try out some JB Weld PlasticWeld. It never hurts to try I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor