Donor body

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyduk1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2005
bellingham, ma
As much as it pains me to say it the body on my elky is just to far gone to be repaired. I wanted to fix it only because she is my first car and i would like to keep her with as much of her origional panels as i could but it just doesn't look like i could do it. I am thinking my best bet is to get a rust free body and just plop it on my frame. anyone have any ideas on where one is that is reasonably inexpensive to get to MA? I onlt want a body so motor trans and interior are not important. good wiring would be great but not a major deal if it isn't. - chris

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
I would check the frame real carefully especially the kickout just in back of the front wheels and the frame behind the rear wheels.

NOT_SLOW

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2005
Wisconsin
it would probably be alot easier finding a rust fre roller. not as much work there... i did a frame off on my malibu and it was alot of work...3 years and some change...

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Sounds like you need to start looking around for a nice southern car, like down in Texas or Arizona to buy and have transported up to you.

Most of the southern cars have rough interiors due to all the sun they get. Must be terrible.

Randy

shadyduk1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2005
bellingham, ma
For right now the Elky is on the back burner while i finish another car. My frame is perfect someone must have known about the rot problems common on our cars and welded plates to the body mount holes. I ground those down to accept normal body mounts years ago. I have a great interior although instead of re covering my SS highback buckets I may go with recaro seats or BMW M3 seats. I have recaros in my vintage BMW and i love them I also like the vader seats that are in the M3 and i think they may be a better fit if i can find a gray set without the motorsport emblem.
The reason i want a new body is just so i can say there is something left of my first car and if a donor body car has a good rear harness that would be great.
I am just keeping my eyes peeled on EBAY and craigs list to see if i can find a candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor