Don't see these everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Kinda cool, but not exactly the best design of a fastback.
20190420_172941.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'd like to see that in person to get the full view of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Player1: What is how to make your El Camino look like a bigger,but still ugly, AMX?

Alex: That is correct! Pick again.

Player1: I'll take "Shitty Car Mods" for 500 Alex!

:LOL: lol. Just playing. IMO it ruins the El Camino. Some may like it but it's not for me. Neither are AMX's

• Haha

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I kinda like it... But (and no offense to El Camino owners, I actually want an El Camino), in my opinion the entire idea behind an El Camino is to have a muscle car, but with a bit of the practicality of a pickup truck. Putting any kind of cover over the bed makes it as useless as a Corvette (without the great brakes and suspension) or one of ours car with a cage in it, that no one but a contortionist can get into the back of.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
for being period correct, it's cool! IIRC, you could get these in the good ol' J.C. Whitney catalog.

modern day looks on the car with this? meh...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Well at least the cover appears to be hinged at the top so you can probably open it up to put stuff in, as far as looks I guess it goes with the pop up sunroof that is also installed in there.
He might have also done a crappy tub job and found an easy way to hide it.

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
These covers did hinge from the top of the roof, so no less room than any other bedcover, plus a little upfront height. Could seat 2 & shut it.
As far as the build itself. Everything looked as done in the 80's. Small weiand supercharger on small block, Probably enamel paint that could improve a lot from colorsand & buff. Convo pro's were always cool. I'd call it a time capsule.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
At least it looks way better than this.
1555866229229.png

• Agree

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
See? Note plate on Corvette, this is what Hybrid strains of legalized weed have done. (Walks into dispensary, "Excuse me, I'd like to have something to help restyle my Corvette." Clerk: " You want our purple cush infused maui wowie with fiberglassed oil extract. Do you want it in a ounce or edible form?" )

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor