Door dinging idiots.... GRRRRRRRRRR I'm sure i'm not alone!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
I've seen a lady hit my car and hurry her kids to get in and left..lucky I was in line paying and didnt want to lose my spot! ..luck my door wasnt damaged at all

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
yep i am the same way.i will park as far away from everyone that i can. dont matter what car i own that i am driving. wife always gives me a hard time becuz i do that.i tell her if i want dents in my doors i want to be the one to do it.i always drop her off at the front of the store i will park the car and walk up. then i got to get the car and pic her up. she always says its just a car.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This is why I would love to get some body colored side moldings like the 3rd gen F bodies for the time when the Monte hits the road again.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
This is precisely why I didn't spend a lot of effort getting all the little dents out of my F150 when I did the body work. For one, I was more concerned with making the truck solid again, but also because I knew it was gonna be a truck I actually wanted to use just like any other vehicle, and if I spent a lot of time making it perfectly straight, I'd lose my sh*t the first time it got a door ding. So I got all the big dents out, but I didn't spend much time on small dimples and creases.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I live in NYC. ******* capitol of the world. They only drive two kinds of cars. Brand spankin' new- or total shitbox. Because after a couple of years in NYC- it's a shitbox. So I refuse to put an expensive paint job on anything that is going out among the *ssh*les. That is why I painted my Bonnewagon- with a paint brush. Yup. I took some left-over grey boat paint and brushed it on. First I did the rust and dents, then brushed on some Interlux Brightside Polyurethane- boat paint. It looks good from 10 feet away and I can throw another coat on in one day when it starts to look raggedy. Oddly- not one ding since I did that. How do they know?!?

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I get immediate redass when I park waaay out and someone parks next to me. One side says WTF, the other says, "Oh, maybe they realize I actually care about my car and know I will be careful", still yet- redass:mad::mad:

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
They dent mine, I dent theirs. Must be heridetary, my dad once told me this snooty librarian lookin chick (not the sexy kind) whammed her door into his 81 GP. He shouted what the ****, she looked at him, shrugged, and walked into the building. He opened his door got in the passenger seat and kicked the door as hard as he could. caved her whole door in, then he left. Also while he had the car he had someone drive head on into him while he was parked in the car in a parking lot. stared him in the eyes the whole time. And they left without saying a word. He put it in reverse, put it in drive and floored it. didn't do anything but scuff his bumper, the bumper on the other car however, fell off. Can't say I blame him.

Your dad sounds like one heck of an awesome guy!!! Need more people like him around, maybe other entitled disrespectful idiots would think twice about their actions before they do them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor