Door dinging idiots.... GRRRRRRRRRR I'm sure i'm not alone!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Door dings are a big reason I won't put a 5 grand plus paint job on my $1000 G body, first ding or scratch would kill me. *ssh*les don't care, their ugly crossover is a disposable pos that gets traded in to get a new awful pos. We park our Challenger GT far away from everybody else as well, people don't care. Some asshat scratched the sh*t out of our 2010 Challenger, backed in and parked the ugly Avalanche crooked. Scratched the sh*t out of the passenger door. They denied it. We should have taken down the plate and reported it, never got fixed.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
Because of *ssh*les like this - we have cars like this .. :ROFLMAO:

Eingebauter-Beulenschutz-644x363-6b69949cbe9d2743.jpg

(citroen c4 cactus)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I understand mistakes happen, but we live in a society where people are programmed to ONLY think of themselves and their property, and when you see someone committing such vile acts and they physically see and acknowledge what they have done, yet walk away carefree, its a whole new level of anger for me, and from the blogs here, for many! Good place to vent about our door dings and the ding- dong idiots that dinged us lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Door dings are a big reason I won't put a 5 grand plus paint job on my $1000 G body, first ding or scratch would kill me. *ssh*les don't care, their ugly crossover is a disposable pos that gets traded in to get a new awful pos. We park our Challenger GT far away from everybody else as well, people don't care. Some asshat scratched the sh*t out of our 2010 Challenger, backed in and parked the ugly Avalanche crooked. Scratched the sh*t out of the passenger door. They denied it. We should have taken down the plate and reported it, never got fixed.
Now don't get your panties in a bunch but regular G bodies are $1000 cars, $2000ish if really nice here, mine is not. It doesn't mean I am not painting it myself or improving it mechanically. If some asshat scratches it, I won't have to go into mourning.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Went to get license renewed on my truck about 4 years ago. Driving through the parking lot I spotted my space. As I drove by the vehicle that was going to be on my right, I looked through the back glass and saw no one in the vehicle. Proceeded to pull into my spot and get about 2/3 of the way in when I hear this god awful sound. I looked out the right door glass and I see the open door of the vehicle next to me. You know, the one that I didn't see anyone in when I looked through the back glass. Low and behold this older gentleman had to have been laid over in the seat or hunched over in his seat getting something out of the glove box or center console. Obviously didn't see me when he opened his door cos he opened it right into the side of my truck just behind the door. The trim on the cab held on to his door and I proceeded to open it at least 90 degrees from the closed position. His door was fubar. He tried to blame me, but was stopped dead in his tracks. I ended up getting $450 from his insurance for some damage that I didn't even notice at first. I actually felt kinda bad cos he couldn't get his door closed enough to hit the door striker. And it was a fairly new vehicle not even out of warranty.

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
This is so funny to me because I do the same thing with all of my 3 cars and my wife sarcastically tells me that she will have to take an Uber cab to the entrance of the store. lol !

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
We are all on this AWESOME "G" body website and forum because we LOVE our beloved cars. (So I'm sure i'm not alone on my rational thinking here)..... FOR THAT REASON when I take a ride out some where's and have to park it, I will scope out a SAFE and vacant parking area just to avoid door dings from other disrespectful and careless individuals who only look at cars as a tool and means to get from point A to point B. I will walk as far as I have to (car in visible sight of coarse). Nothing gets me from calm to EXPLODE than to see someone parking 2 inches from a vehicle in a 5 acre, practically empty lot and then wail the door open into the side of another vehicle. I have actually confronted people when I've seen it. Who else on here has this same pet peeve!?? I'm getting all worked up just typing about it here lol....

Because of idiots my wife refuses to go with me to Walmart in my cutlass

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor