Door hinge spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insubordination

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2012
Norway
Hi y'all

Wanting to finally fix my 79 Cutlass Cruisers driver side door after 15+ years. It's missing the hinge spring, so it's just floating in and out. Very annoying. Didn't care as a youth, but getting older the small things are getting to me.

Tried to locate a replacement, but haven't found a part that say "this is it!". But there are a lot of springs out there for other GM cars, so I'm thinking they were probably lazy enough to re-use this on earlier or newer products.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or have a measurement on a door sping? Can try to pry the passenger one out on my car, but not feeling up for it without the tool - that I will get with a new spring.

Thanks!

T.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Not sure where you live, but, many years ago when I was visiting someone up in Vermont I went to their version of an old timey hardware store. Based on eyeballing it and having measured with a tape I got a spot on replacement spring for the parking brake hardware in my 88 Fiero... aka discontinued one-year-only-and-not-then-reproduced hell.

Find an ol time ol fashioned hardware store and drop in. Don't even mess with lowes/home depot. **maybe a real old ace hardware too**

Those places keep stuff forever.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Go to a bone yard and find another g body. Should all be same. Buy, borrow or rent spring compressor or you will learn new words and scratch your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor