Are yours beyond being rebuilt?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's your choice, Doug.
But I've never had a problem with any the hinges that I rebuilt. Unless the bushing bores are so totally elongated, then maybe I can see scrapping 'em. Some guys would even go through the trouble of welding up the holes and re-boring them. .

• Agree

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
That's your choice, Doug.
But I've never had a problem with any the hinges that I rebuilt. Unless the bushing bores are so totally elongated, then maybe I can see scrapping 'em. Some guys would even go through the trouble of welding up the holes and re-boring them. .
I've done that before. I'm starting with new body bushings then going to realign all my body gaps. There's a guy on Ebay asking $761.00 for new factory hinges. Dream on

• Agree

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I would rebuild with pins and bushings. Buy or rent tool to compress springs or you risk scratching car and using words that you shouldn't use:)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I would rebuild with pins and bushings. Buy or rent tool to compress springs or you risk scratching car and using words that you shouldn't use:)
I didn't really want to go through all the extra labor but I guess I will. I already have the spring compressor.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
In case anyone is interested, you can obtain the spring compressor from Harbor freight. I bought mine from Eastwood for twice the amount.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
In case anyone is interested, you can obtain the spring compressor from Harbor freight. I bought mine from Eastwood for twice the amount.
Not to argue but I'd bet Eastwood 's will last decades longer, mines 35 years old bought from MAC tools.

• Agree

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I always cheated and just used 4 door hinges lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor