Door interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I believe the front two only will interchange directly, the window frames in the rear have to be swapped out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I concur

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanx, I'm going to buy the wagon but don't need the doors or front end, it has a 4,8 Buick V-8, auto . I'll be selling everything but the roof and tailgate. I'm 20 minutes east of Pittsburgh PA
Doug,
What are your plans for it besides parting it out? Do I sense a 2-dr wagon project grafting the roof and tailgate onto an El Camino body?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Doug,
What are your plans for it besides parting it out? Do I sense a 2-dr wagon project grafting the roof and tailgate onto an El Camino body?
Yes I am, I posted in an earlier thread what my goal is. Getting everything together before spring.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes I am, I posted in an earlier thread what my goal is. Getting everything together before spring.
I'd be anxious to see how you progress with this project. You will definitely have to post a progress report. I'm sure other guys would be interested to see how you achieve this.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I'd be anxious to see how you progress with this project. You will definitely have to post a progress report. I'm sure other guys would be interested to see how you achieve this.
I went to buy the 79 Century wagon, but we stalled on a $500.00 spread on price. It has a no rust front clip and all 4 doors are great. It has a 301 Pontiac V-8 the that needs a mechanic, automatic? Interior was really nice, more like you'd see in a 5 year old vehicle than a 38 year old. The front seat was the same color as the rest but the front was cloth and the rest of the interior was vinyl. If I knew for sure I could easily sell everything I don't need, I would buy it. Remember I'm 20 minutes east of Pittsburgh PA, and I've never shipped anything. I'd for example $300.00 front clip $100.00 each doors.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Doors for sedans are a tough sell, I have a friend that has been trying for over a year to sell a nice set of '79 Malibu sedan doors ....asking $80 for all 4, no takers. Hope the market in PA is stronger. He does do well on the front clips, lots of Camino guys in OK/TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor