Door lock actuator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Finally getting around to installing my glass again and found that the glass is catching on my door lock actuator. I’ve never had this all together at the same time so this is the first time I’m seeing this. I’m thinking I put the actuators on the wrong side and they should be flipped 180 degrees but i wanting confirmation before pulling it all apart. Any photos of installed actuators would be appreciated as well. At this point the window won’t roll all the way down and catches on the motor. Attached are photos of where it’s catching on the motor and how much of the window is still up. Thanks for the help in advanced.
10DA59B1-20DE-4C28-AE95-7DF603824043.jpeg
BE77E911-170C-4DAE-8176-2E02E353433A.jpeg

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Finally getting around to installing my glass again and found that the glass is catching on my door lock actuator. I’ve never had this all together at the same time so this is the first time I’m seeing this. I’m thinking I put the actuators on the wrong side and they should be flipped 180 degrees but i wanting confirmation before pulling it all apart. Any photos of installed actuators would be appreciated as well. At this point the window won’t roll all the way down and catches on the motor. Attached are photos of where it’s catching on the motor and how much of the window is still up. Thanks for the help in advanced.
View attachment 140331 View attachment 140332
You've probably gotten it working by now, but I'll answer anyway.
I just added power windows and door locks to my '78. See posts dated 4-19, and 4-23 in "What have you done to your Gbody today"
This photo is the driver side actuator. Notice the direction of the bracket flange and electrical connector pointing forward.
20200424_190914.jpg

It is almost impossible to install the bolts when reassembling because it is very difficult to get your hands/fingers in behind to hold them when tightening.
What I did to hold the 1/4x20 by 1/2inch bolts that I used, was to insert the bolt and use duct tape to keep it from falling out.
20200423_101957.jpg

Just trim the extra tape off so that it does not get in the way while trying to tighten the bolts by feel, you can look straight down through the window slot to see the upper, but it's pretty much by feel for the bottom.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor