door lock pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikko89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2019
hello guys i have recently just purchased a 1979 Malibu. i bought the vehicle as a project and a project indeed it is. my current project I'm trying to tackle is i bought a new door lock set from mikes Monte and they look like nice pieces and was able to install my trunk lock with no issues. but when it came to installing new door locks it seems i am missing a few pieces. i was watching the Youtube video of the g-body garage guy putting in a set of locks into a cutlass. he had some little pieces on the back of the lock cylinder that attaches to the link rod in the door latch mechanism. my new cylinders are missing that piece. anyone know where to source these?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Is what you are looking for pictured here?
Screenshot_20190423-100624_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nikko89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2019
So if you look at the picture that texas82gp put up. On the back of that lock cylinder there is no provisions to attach a link rod too. I was able to ibstall the trunk lock with the supplied bar. But the door locks are missing the metal arm the link rod goes into which you then put the clip on the rod end that fleming42 put up.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Oh, if your locks are missing those arms then somebody jacked your sh*t up! You'll need to go junkyard hunting and scavenge some.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The term for the part you’re looking for is a door lock “pawl”.
I did a quick search under both 79 Malibu and G body both and came up empty. They’re car and side specific, but I don’t see why any G body one wouldn’t work.

Your only option may be to get them from a salvage yard.

Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I think I've got some Malibu lock cylinders without keys...if you can't find anything locally maybe I can help out.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor