Door Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm looking for door seals and Metro Molded LM 16-JR says it does not fit my GP on Amazon.ca but in the reviews there are guys who used them on their G body. Have any of you gentlemen ( I use that term loosely) used these seals or what have you used?.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I cant help you with those ones Steve,but I did use the Soff Seal ones several years ago.
There are lots of bad reviews on them,but they are doing the job they were designed to do so I cant complain too much.
I do spray them with silicone once or twice a year.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I bought the metro ones. They were ok not great. They needed to sit on the car like 3 months to break in and when lubed the door closes decent, otherwise if they are dry I can't close the door past first click.

They ripped the mount out in the back top corner and I had to add a screw and use some 3m weather strip adhesive to get it to stay. I had to cut a notch out of the front top also since the window snagged when being rolled down.

But that being said it was better than no seal at all.

Use the same one montes have, regal and Cutlass are different I think.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=330741148987

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The reason I was looking at the Metro seals is they have great warranties with their product and I can find them sold here in Canada. I looked at the Sofseals but I would need to order them from the US and the exchange is killing me.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
I bought a set for my Cutlass last fall but haven't got around to putting them on, soooo if your really want to know about them you could always drive down an put them on for me, lmao!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought a set for my Cutlass last fall but haven't got around to putting them on, soooo if your really want to know about them you could always drive down an put them on for me, lmao!

I have a better idea, send them to me and I'll let you kow how they fit, I will even include pictures....:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
just ordered these..

Very bold statement on fitment, will know by next week.

That won't help me, I have T tops, I need the door seals and I'm not buying from the US with the 35% exchange they want. It's not a problem with the US, the dollar here is under valued to attract foreign money

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

corkatoa

Burger Flipper
Jul 6, 2013
Creston, BC, Canada
That won't help me, I have T tops, I need the door seals and I'm not buying from the US with the 35% exchange they want. It's not a problem with the US, the dollar here is under valued to attract foreign money

Well, I couldn't find a set in Canada any cheaper and I live right at the border. I have someone to go get my packages, as I have a condition known as BCI (Border crossing Issues). Shipping is never free in Canada except from Amazon prime, and they do not accept Paypal, so... here I am. Always cheaper from the US even with exchange and shipping is always free.
And sorry I didn't read your post thoroughly, but it sent me on the quest to buy these so thanks. And I thought it might lead you to what you need.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor