Door Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
According to the parts book, GP and MC door seals are the same part number. No guarantees. Also looked up door seals on A1 Auto parts website and both GP and MC came back with 1AWSD00238.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing they're the same. Plus, as GM parts, they're guaranteed to properly fit the car they were made for and your doors will shut properly. :)

Yes, the MC & GP use the same seals. I sent him a pm and I would much rather put money into another member's pocket than a retail store

Reactions: 1 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Let us know how this works out!

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Let us know how this works out!

ended up ordering them from Rock Auto, $108.73 shiiped to the door, they beat out the amazon.ca price and I get them way faster than what amazon.ca could do. The ones from Rock Auto are Metro so they should be good. I have Metro T top seals and they replaced theem under warranty for having a defect......and the second set was better but still had a defect, I made them work but after 4 years they got worse but Metro they warrantied them.

Last edited:

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
For future reference -- since I also have a T-top GP (1983) -- can you please provide the part numbers that you ordered. I don't have the Metro seals and I'm not 100% happy -- I need to slam my doors pretty hard, and the windows are really tight against the upper seal (on the T-top).

Thanks!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
I used Metro weatherstrip for both the doors and the roof rails, and while they almost fit, there are areas that they are lacking in. OEM door strips have a reinforce the strip where attaches at the top of the door, Metro do not. A friend used Steele weatherstrips on his Camaro, and they had the reinforcement GM put in the OE ones and boy, what a nice fit. They fit like GM made them, and he used almost NO adhesive on them, just a small dab on each of the lower corner. Comparing the quality of his Steele products vs the quality of the Metro products I have on the car, I am seriously considering removing the Metro product and replacing them with the Steele weatherstrips.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor