DormanProducts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I know most of you probably already know this, but I just actually bothered to google Dorman a week or so ago and I've been cruising their site looking through every menu and sub menu I can find.

They got some neat sh*t.

Capture+_2019-10-20-04-46-21.png
Capture+_2019-10-20-04-50-20.png

Yes the 2nd pic is oreillys, but I gound it via a Facebook group im in, which then lead to the dorman site viewing.

It's basically just a catalogue. Use the part numbers on other sites or ebay.

Enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
There parts always impressed me. Until I used them. Stuff is 90% right. Good enough for most of us. But then won't quite fit, or looks just a tick different. But the big deal is the parts just don't last. Doesnt matter what it is. Power window regulator, outside door handle, diesel oil filter housing. They all fail way earlier than they should, after you had to modify things to make them work because they wouldn't quite fit. That's my experience at least...

Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve experienced they’re plastic clips are a one time use If you try to take them out they break.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I depended on them for years when I had my shops. Stuff they carry is unreal

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Buddy of mine does a lot of broken ford exhaust manifold bolt jobs(wtf)and uses them over the factory manifolds with good results.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
They do have a lot of oddball stuff that no one else makes, I actually have their upper control arms on my Regal and they fit like factory with no issues unlike the lowers I sourced from another vendor and had to grind for clearance

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The vacuum reservoir won't survive a cam break-in in summer heat in Oklahoma. Sucked the engine side in big time.

Metal parts seem OK, I use their pins/bushings, dust caps, stuff like that.

I will say that when I was replacing the master power window switch on my F350, it took 8 tries to get one that would operate all windows. Then a few weeks later, the LR wouldn't go up from the master, but worked from the OE LR door switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor