Dr Olds Burnout Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
About 6 liters of new 50/50 coolant with the flush added. I am finally getting good at not dumping half of it on the ground any time I open the system.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Apparently, you can't say "c*ck". I wonder if KNOB works; it doesn't on CO.
Lets see what happens when you copy & paste the word with definition:
draincock (plural draincocks) A tap or valve used to draw off water (or other liquid) from the lowest part of a tank, boiler etc.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I fired up the 88 this morning. I wonder if the initial sound was the water pump impeller hitting the front cover. The gasket was destroyed years ago in shipping, it is unique to that reverse rotation pump. I plan on inspecting on removal of the 260 and replacing the water pump anyways, a spare isn't a bad thing. The serpentine belt sounds quiet now, pretty sure the noise is from the passenger side of the motor. Not exactly a knock or clatter exactly. There is a slight exhaust leak on that side. I think it may be wrist pin going. It kind of came and went, now it is more constant. I am thinking wrist pin. Now I plan on upgrading the cooling fan control. I want a direct connection from a toggle switch to override, should I do that from the low fans, thinking so. I plan on getting two, one for into the intake, on a 180, off at 165 and upgrading to a 60 amp relay, since it will fit the current Flexalite contoller. The push in probe didn't work out of box, so I have a 25 amp fuse in between the two terminals, so the low fans come on with the key.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have 12 gauge wires with colour coded heat shrink, 20 amp switch and a 30 amp mini fuse inline for the low fan. The high side is ready to go, just need the bigger relay and thermo switch.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Not much to report other than stealing the .555" boost valve from the core transmission. I plan on just this, 2300 stall which I have and synthetic fluid. I already have the trans just going through a remote cooler. Good thing I don't want a deep pan, PML or Hughes. My last Hughes 2004R pan seeped no matter what. CK doesn't offer the filter extension to run the 700R4 filter with the stock pan or the sheet metal 2004R pan, at least not online. Unfortunately on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, mid October, I have to do an oil change, do outer CV boots and put Winter tires on my Daughter's 96 Toyota Tercel so I need to keep my shop open, otherwise I would be spending time pulling this car apart.

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I do also have a governor I ground down the small weight on and staked with a screw to keep the spring from flying out. I did one very similar with the Transgo green line bias spring which is supposed to raise the shifts 300 to 500 rpm by itself, will probably steal from the core trans. I will probably get a 442 valve body and governor from CK for the other trans anyways. That combo gave right around 5000 rpm full throttle shifts, compared to the stock 4000 rpm the governor gave. This current 2004R shifts around 4200 to 4300 rpm, the 260 sounds awful at that rpm yet isn't enough for the 350.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Thanks to O. D. Showtime I recieved a stay down license bracket. Thanks Kevin! It fits like stock and works really well. Why they had that spring loaded POS on our G bodies is just stupid, cost should be nill between the two. If anything the extra spring on the G body might cost more.

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well I recieved the multi port vacuum switch for the Hvac controls from EBAY. Well packed, maybe to well packed. Don't know if I broke the little square prong in the center removing the tape or being a 30 year old NOS part made it brittle. Now I have to fix a new part😕.

• Indifferent
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor