Drag and Drive events 2023 edition

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yup, that’s the part that I don’t like about the coverage. They focus way too much on
$100k+ builds and not the ‘average’ guy with an 11-12 sec car. It accentuates my point about Bruce’s 442. 11 seconds is hauling butt. But the internet will lead us to believe that it’s not. I’m sure Jake, if someone handed you $30-40k to put in your car then you’d be running 7, 8’s or 9’s as well.

Did you see Devin’s short video picking on the big tire guys? OMC, I almost died watching it.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Anyone following Rocky Mountain Race Week? 1320 is giving daily highlights. I’ve never watched it before, but it seems that this event is not loaded with a ton of mid 8’s and faster guys.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
About ready to head to Virginia Motorsports Park (VMP) for Midwest Drags. Packing and preparation is about done.

Hopefully I can do satisfactorily to represent the group!!

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Summit Midwest Drags …..

IMG_1771.jpeg IMG_1782.png IMG_1791.jpeg IMG_1794.jpeg

Day two is complete and we’re ready for day 3.

Day one : Virginia Motorsports Park (VMP)
Day two : Atco Dragway
Day three : Cecil Count Dragway
Day four : VMP

It has gone pretty well with minor, repairable setbacks. On the 1st drive a rear caliper hung up causing what looked like a fire based on the smoke, but it wasn’t thank God. But it made the 6 hour drive into a 10 hour ordeal after finding a new caliper at 9:40 last night. Day two’s drive was uneventful and shorter - 3 1/2 hours. I’ve ran a PB both days and I’m hoping to continue the trend, but I don’t want to jinx myself.

Follow the live stream if you can. There are 3 white MCSS’s competing. Yes 3. I ran one of them today head to head - his car was beautiful compared to mine, but I spanked him haha. The Aerocoupe is really nice.

Street cars that pull a 1500lb trailer that run 9’s are always a favorite of mine ;)

Cecil is historically an excellently prepped track, and I expect Monte Alban to perform (hopefully I’m right.)

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Drag Week ‘23 is 9 days away. If anyone can spectate, then let me know and I’ll keep an eye peeled for you.

Tracks are :
Darlington Dragway (Hartsville, SC)
Rockingham Dragway (Rockingham, NC)
Bristol Dragway (Bristol, TN)
Carolina Dragway (Aiken, SC)
Darlington Dragway

Looking forward to it ;)

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Congrats 64nailhead for completeing Drag Week 2023 and laying down consistent 9.30s-40 ALL week!! It was great to watch you on the livestream each day. The car performed and looked great - the hard work has paid off! 🤘

Reactions: 2 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I happen to come up to NC earlier in the week I saw a bunch of cars come through our town! Gave me heavy depression! Wishing I was with them! 🤣😭

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Congrats 64nailhead for completeing Drag Week 2023 and laying down consistent 9.30s-40 ALL week!! It was great to watch you on the livestream each day. The car performed and looked great - the hard work has paid off! 🤘
Thanks. And I'll say it looked good until it didn't haha.

I'm quite confident that I broke the crank on my last run. I'll dissect it some time in the future for a better analysis. At the moment though, that's what appeared to have happened.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor