DRAG-RACING

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I would like to get others opinions, I feel that drag racing is on a decline. I'm seeing car count going down at tracks. Along with car count the purse is going down which compounds the problem. I also know of several tracks where conditions are keeping people away. I have noticed that when promoters throw money out there they will come. Kind of like the lotto - big purse, lots of players. Even our Racing/Track/Heavy mods forum has no action. If you watch any of the NHRA racing on TV or are there in person they don't pack them in like they use to.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I think bad publicity, and the last decade + of glorifying street racing with bs movies and shows has contributed to the decline of the sport. Not as many people under the hood turning wrenches like they used to. Can't blame the "computerized stuff" because some of the few younger guys I know that are actually in to racing are just as capable with newer cars as we were 20+ years ago. It's not dead, but it's definitely not what it was.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
My local track Summit Raceway seems like its always packed. Even with rain in the forecast. Maybe because its relatively small for a big time track. In fact I have heard numerous rumors that Summit is going to build another, bigger track since they have outgrown the current one.

It seems to me that a lot more people are building Pro-Touring, Auto-X and even drift cars now than even a decade or so ago. I love drag racing but it doesn't hold a candle to Auto-X when it comes to fun and the thrill, except maybe if you're running 9's or pulling wheelies lol. Maybe more people are looking at it like that. The government and the increasing restrictions in a lot of areas certainly don't help either.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Tracks stay packed in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor