DRAG WEEK 2019 IN THE BOOKS !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Heard DW sold out in under 5 mins... talk about frantic.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, Ben sent me a text the other day that I finally saw today, after getting my phone back on after 5 days, and it said "Do you want the good, the bad, or the ugly?". I was about to lose my sh*t thinking that he had thrown the towel in on the Scab. As the conversation progressed, I realized that he just needed a hand for the last minute thrash. I'm taking Friday off and going down there Saturday to get the car done/updated/create more things to go wrong (electric fans and water pump/ regulator).

I LOVE THIS sh*t!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Look forward to meeting you guys, and I have to say that I really enjoy the 'buildup' as well. It's been crazier than crazy here though. Over the summer I decided more, too much, meth injection was better. Geesh, was I wrong - I washed 2 cylinders very badly and the remaining 6 weren't good. After spending 3 days panicking about not being able to find a new set of pistons, we almost threw in the towel. Miraculously we found a set on 16th and overnighted them. They overnighted them to the wrong address that took me until the following Thursday to find - drove 4 hours to get them, from the wrong address, and drop them off at the machine shop. Picked up the block on the 23th, and then the real thrashing began.

Whatever could go wrong, went wrong with engine re-assembly, install and upgrades. I've had this motor to the bare block and back together in two days in the past, took me until this past Saturday to fire it up. The list of issues is too long to mention, but it seemed every night between 10-1am I would encounter something that would bring me to a halt until another part could be located - my wife told me drag week started last Monday because she hasn't seen me in the house since then - lol.

But..............we are ready to go and have a good time. No expectation at being competitive, winning, or anything other than having a good time. Test loading the car tonight to decide whether to install air bags in the rear.

See ya there :):)

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Look forward to meeting you guys, and I have to say that I really enjoy the 'buildup' as well. It's been crazier than crazy here though. Over the summer I decided more, too much, meth injection was better. Geesh, was I wrong - I washed 2 cylinders very badly and the remaining 6 weren't good. After spending 3 days panicking about not being able to find a new set of pistons, we almost threw in the towel. Miraculously we found a set on 16th and overnighted them. They overnighted them to the wrong address that took me until the following Thursday to find - drove 4 hours to get them, from the wrong address, and drop them off at the machine shop. Picked up the block on the 23th, and then the real thrashing began.

Whatever could go wrong, went wrong with engine re-assembly, install and upgrades. I've had this motor to the bare block and back together in two days in the past, took me until this past Saturday to fire it up. The list of issues is too long to mention, but it seemed every night between 10-1am I would encounter something that would bring me to a halt until another part could be located - my wife told me drag week started last Monday because she hasn't seen me in the house since then - lol.

But..............we are ready to go and have a good time. No expectation at being competitive, winning, or anything other than having a good time. Test loading the car tonight to decide whether to install air bags in the rear.

See ya there :):)

Sounds very familiar. I remember rebuilding/modifying my trailer and loading it with every conceivable spare part, turning my street truck into a race truck, and taking an unproven combination on a very long trip. It was epic abd exhauting. I really enjoyed spectating, almost as much as racing. Almost.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor