Dragging Blazer Front Brake Callipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Update: Found the drivers side caliper hanging up (dragging) way more than the passenger side......am thinking the pistons are sticking in the bore, so.....swapped out to another new set of Re-Man Blazer calipers....
Brake drag now seems much less and rotor spins more freely.
Gonna re-bleed the front brakes one more time and take it out for a road test before I celebrate!

Reactions: 1 user

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I have looked and it does not seem that the stock master has a residual valve for the front. And reading about the masters I do no think there is any residual valves in the masters any longer. That makes sense witht he guys who have put disks on the back without changing the master or the proportional valve have have no drag

so I have to agree with you that the 2lbs residual valve is causing the brake drag....

I've removed the factory proportioning valve and have installed an adjustable Wilwood unit that hangs beside the new Wilwood MC that I installed for the hydroboost install. HydroBoost is a new (Current) Bosch model with accumulator.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor