Drive shaft length????'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1979 Chevy Malibu 4 door wagon with a small block Chevy 400 engine 700 R4 transmission and a 8.5 Grand National Rear End is the drive shaft the same for a regular 2 door Malibu with a 8.5 and 700r4 for the station wagon or is it a longer or what anyone know what length driveshaft I will need for this Malibu Station Wagon thanks

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
AFAIK they are all the same wheelbase, if you dont have any engine set back then just add the 1" you lost from the 7.5 to 8.5 conversion to the difference between the 200 and 700, and subtract that from your stock driveshaft length.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
AFAIK they are all the same wheelbase, if you dont have any engine set back then just add the 1" you lost from the 7.5 to 8.5 conversion to the difference between the 200 and 700, and subtract that from your stock driveshaft length.
Okay thanks so like 49 and a half inch would be what I need because I know the El Camino wheelbase is different from the other G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor