Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Mine doesn't sag at all.

giphy.gif

Mike Geepers

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2018
Cen-Cal
I agree with replacing the hinges, but ill try the pins first, seeing as they are $5 a kit. New hinges are probably in order tho.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Mike Geepers

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2018
Cen-Cal
That is true, It will help a lot, but the door can still have some sag and the hinge is still old.

Goodmark makes new hinges for $35:

Upper Left Door Hinge
Thanks for the link, im going to order both side next payday. I have to stay on maintenance, otherwise its just an old car. If everything works and looks good, its a nice old car (y)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've been pretty successful just replacing the pins and bushings. I would check the condition of the hinges to make sure that it hasn't worn down to, or elongated the hinge itself. If not, replace the pins and bushings. And again, I'm talking about smaller 4-dr doors. 2-dr doors are longer, heavier, and have an increased load on the hinges.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can also weld up the hole if they are severely worn and then drill and add bushings.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I purchased a kit from MikeMontes that included two different sizes of busing and pins for both doors. Had the pins replaced and it fixed the issue on my 87. Due to the weight of the door I talked to a local body shop and they installed them for less ~$75 in a hour or so. They had a cart built just for holding and aligning the door.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just got this today. A Rock Auto discount code if you want to save 5%. That's like 1.74 savings. Approx 3.50 savings for both uppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor