Driver mirror adjustment cable routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
On my driver side door, the cable to adjust my mirror was routed out of the door through the large hole where the triangular gear is (under the power window motor). It was kinked from getting caught up in the gears at some point & I assume that's not the right place for it to be. I want to route it correctly & it's not obvious to me where it should go. Does anybody know?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If I'm remembering right there is/should be a plastic retaining loop to help guide the cable along the inner panel to the front then follows along the front/hinge mount panel of the the door to an opening near where the bezel will be located. If my doors wasn't burried in the back of the garage I'd get some pics of the routing.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If I'm remembering right there is/should be a plastic retaining loop to help guide the cable along the inner panel to the front then follows along the front/hinge mount panel of the the door to an opening near where the bezel will be located. If my doors wasn't burried in the back of the garage I'd get some pics of the routing.
this is correct

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The above are correct. The cable comes from the mirror, down between the window and the outer side of the door towards the bottom front of the door. It then goes below the window and up through a hole on the inner side of the door to the bezel in the door panel. The thing to keep in mind is, you are going around the window from the outside of the window to the inside of the window (inside the door). And yes, there should be a round clip to hold the cable in place at the front edge of the door I believe on the outer skin. It will typically stay without the clip but since yours is kinked you may want to be sure you clip it. You can use a wire loom clip.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user

brrian

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
i should've posted this pic in the first place. There's my cable. The clip is on it but not attached to anything. The cable had been routed through the large hole, under the gear. The hole it's coming out of now seems like the more logical place as long as the cable inside is tucked towards the front, away from the window, & I think that's where you're telling me it should be? I don't see anywhere to attach it in there though. I can rig something...

1666462860688.png

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Mine comes out down below by the electric motor. I think there should be a little metal flap with a hole for the clip about half way down the inside front of the door. If there isn't, you could at least wire it so it stays toward the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor