Driver seat question

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
Ok guys im trying to swap out my driver seat in my 84 H/O. The OG seat is power(doesnt work) and the seat im trying swap in is not. is that gunna be problem? also how do i get those plastic covers off on the rear bolts? me not able to move the seat seems like its guna make this job a little hard...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The new seat should be a direct swap and the plastic covers on the rear I believe just clip on so they should pop off or there might be one phillips screw holding them.(been awhile)
The power seat usually has a plug that goes in to an accessory port in the fuse box if none of the three switches work on it there probably is no power going to the seat.
If you can't get the seat to move you should still be able to get in there with different wrenches to loosen the nuts but it will be tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor