Driver side noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
whats goin on guys, hope all is well!
I’ll cut right to the chase, my cars been making this really annoying noise and it’s coming from the front driver side wheel.
It’s a combination of squeaking and screeching
the bearings are pretty much sort of new and so are the brakes along with the rotors so I don’t know what it could be.
I already re packed the bearings, I have leveled the pads with sand paper.. there’s no visible signs on the rotors of unhealthy wear. Anybody else that has had this issues?
Also noise occurs when I’m braking (sometimes) or when i’m turning at around 15mph. I could hear it even when i’m just driving at around 25mph.
I’d appreciate any suggestions

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
what is the condition of your control arm bushings and ball joints?
I’m sure that they’re the original ones. I don’t believe they have ever been switched out but could that really be it? to be honest this noise started becoming much more of a problem after I switched out the rotors, bearings, and brake pads so i figured it’d have something to do with that but then again I’m not sure

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Just jack it up and spin the wheel by hand and see it the dust shield or something is rubbing, if it doesn't make the noise when in the air look for contact on suspension components. IMO probably dust shield since they can get bumped and easily bend so just bend it back.

Reactions: 1 user

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
Just jack it up and spin the wheel by hand and see it the dust shield or something is rubbing, if it doesn't make the noise when in the air look for contact on suspension components. IMO probably dust shield since they can get bumped and easily bend so just bend it back.
my question is though, If it was the dust shield wouldn’t the noise be there all the time and not just sometimes? but i’ll make sure to jack it up rn ina bit and do what you mentioned to see what’s going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor