Driver side of car sits low

Status
Not open for further replies.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
My car always looks like the driver side is sitting lower than the passenger side. Finally took some measurements today. Car parked indoors on a level concrete floor, 30psi in all four tires. Measured from floor to highest point of wheel arch. LF=27" RF=27.5", LR=28.5" RR=29"

So I guess the entire driver side is sitting 1/2" lower than the passenger side for some reason. Any idea what's up with that?

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Broken/cracked front Driver side spring? Lowering the Left Front will raise the Right Rear.

Reactions: 1 user

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Worn/broken original springs?

Collapsed/rotted body mounts?

Those would be the first things I'd look at.

Broken/cracked front Driver side spring? Lowering the Left Front will raise the Right Rear.
Springs are kind of rusty and shitty looking. It sits higher with the 350/T5 than it did with the v6/auto.

Might need to replace the springs just to see.

Body mounts are new energy suspension poly mounts. Hopefully that's not it.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Springs are kind of rusty and shitty looking. It sits higher with the 350/T5 than it did with the v6/auto.

Might need to replace the springs just to see.

Body mounts are new energy suspension poly mounts. Hopefully that's not it.

Body mounts won't show up a low LF /High RR.

29" is pretty high in back, so that spring is working.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Body mounts won't show up a low LF /High RR.

29" is pretty high in back, so that spring is working.
It's more of a high right side low left side thing. I wish adjustable coilovers were in the budget right now, but I might not even have a job in January 2021

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
It's more of a high right side low left side thing. I wish adjustable coilovers were in the budget right now, but I might not even have a job in January 2021

Put a Floor jack under the front left and jack it up even in front.

Measure what happens in back.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I dig the avatar. World Class? Shifter location looks like a Mustang tailhousing...

I did time at PNSY.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I dig the avatar. World Class? Shifter location looks like a Mustang tailhousing...

I did time at PNSY.
Non world class. It's out of an 85 Camaro. Looks super clean inside, possibly rebuilt? Guy told me he had it behind a 350 in a '55 Chevy.

Tailhousing and mainshaft are from a Chevette T5. Put it together for the 350 swap in my '78 Chevette. Was in that for a year seems to fit perfectly in my Regal. I used a double hump crossmember for a TH350. Needed a custom driveshaft, but it an s10 shifter it seems like it will work fine with the bench seat.

Only picture online of me with a transmission, That I know of at least...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor