Driver side rear sags lower then the right about 2 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

1972cutlass

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2009
I don't know why it sags I put new springs about 2 years ago moog was the brand I noticed it was a little off with my 14 inch tires but when I went to my 15x10 with 275/60/15 it sags big time I've checked the body bushings and suspension bushings and every thing looks good I'm Going to swap the spring across and see if it sags on the passengers if so ill just have to get a another set. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have air shocks it mostly lifted the passenger side so i let out the air.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Re: Driver side rear sags lower then the right about 2 inche

1972cutlass said:
I don't know why it sags I put new springs about 2 years ago moog was the brand I noticed it was a little off with my 14 inch tires but when I went to my 15x10 with 275/60/15 it sags big time I've checked the body bushings and suspension bushings and every thing looks good I'm Going to swap the spring across and see if it sags on the passengers if so ill just have to get a another set. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have air shocks it mostly lifted the passenger side so i let out the air.

I've had the same problem in my '87 since the day I bought it except that mine sags on the passenger site. Put new rear springs in and that didn't help any.

I have had a complete new rear suspension in the car with the same results and now, even after the complete frame-off restoration and a completely new/different rear suspension, guess what? It still sags. I've had the frame checked on a frame machine and it was spot on so that wasn't the issue. At this point, even though it's just a band aid, I may trim one of the rear springs a little shorter than the other just to see if I can get it to straighten out. Or create a spring spacer to do the same thing.

If you figure out what the problem is I'd like to know.

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Re: Driver side rear sags lower then the right about 2 inche

My 1985 442 has had a similar sag on the pass side rear since I got it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. Could never figure out what it is either. Even after I replaced the rubber body bushings with poly, it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor