Driver side window stuck open????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
Driver side window is in the down position and will not go back up, Passenger side works fine going up and down. Could it be a wiring thing? I have no clue where to start looking so if someone can lead me in the right direction that would be helpful, thanks... :blam:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Is the motor turning on?

86Olds442

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
do your lights dim when you hit the switch for this window? Both for up and down? If yes, it indicates a stuck motor or track.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
i hit it and absolutly nothing happens. if the motor is blown is there a way to get the window up? could it be wires that came undone or a fuse.

86Olds442

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Your saying the passenger side works rules out a fuse. (or circuit breaker) Your culprit might be the switch, or the motor, or the wiring. You'd have to take the door panel off for further inspection. My drivers window got stuck once, and it only worked again once I removed it from the door. Nevertheless, I replaced the motors and switches on both doors and they now work everytime. The easiest thing for you to check next is the switch. pull it out and see if it works then. It could be correded on the studs of the switch underneath.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
took off panel everything looks good but yet nothing is working... How can i get it up just so its closed, its 30 degrees outside and need it shut. Again, i prees the button up and down and no response. Lights do not dim and electric motor does not react.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Why I hate power windows-they fail at the worst times. Can you hot wire the motor to go up? The motor should have 3 wires, up,down,and ground which is usually black. Try popping the connector or switch apart and test for power, and if it's hot, jump the up wire. If no power jump from the battery to get it up. If the motor is dead you may be able to maually rotate the regulator mechanism to move it, or unbolt the motor and manually get it up.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
Seems like the motor is rivided into place? i dont see any bolts for the motor and cant get to the wires to jump it... any ideas?

86Olds442

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
BlownSmoke said:
Seems like the motor is rivided into place? i dont see any bolts for the motor and cant get to the wires to jump it... any ideas?

You have to drill out the rivets, and replace with bolts. The fun parts is that they are usually covered by the inner lining of the door, meaning that you have to drill or cut that off first. They did not even attempt to make this any kind of an easy or very fast job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor