PONTIAC Drivers side door lock.

Trader history for g0thiac (0)

g0thiac

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2020
Long story short, the latch on my drivers side door got stuck, and banging it with a hammer to get it unstuck only made it worse.

So i'd like to purchase this part, and the metal rod as well that pokes out by the window.

Preferably Canadian sellers, as I can do Interac transfers, but willing to purchase from the US if the price and shipping is reasonable :D

-Chris.

Attachments

• Door.png
    Door.png
    256 KB · Views: 11

g0thiac

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2020
Did you try pulling up on the outside door handle, while using a screw driver to pop the latch down?

It's very common for these latches to get dry and gunked up and stick closed.
I did, no dice unfortunately. I suspect something may have broken in there. I will have to double check. Thanks.

g0thiac

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2020
Ok. Just had to be sure.

Check to see if the outside door handle rod is still attached to the latch
It was, the door just couldn't be closed after the latch was giving me issues.

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I'm sure you may have tried this but....

The next thing I would do is pull up and down on the door lock rod. Cycle that up and down a few times.

Then try using the inside door handle, pull on that and try to flip the latch with the screwdriver.

This is assuming you havent already taken everything all apart.

Reactions: Rktpwrd and g0thiac

g0thiac

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2020
If you're still in need of one of these I'm pretty sure I have a decent used one I'd let you have for the price of shipping from California to Canada.
I'm down, feel free to PM me.

G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor