Drivers side power window n/w

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaahoos

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 24, 2019
I hope that I’m not going overboard on my explanation but here goes.
1984 Pontiac grand prIx , drivers side window does not work at all . At the power window switch though, I have power on all wires entering the switch when they are used. I will assume that the motor it’s self is hooped. The window is all the way up, so is there somewhere on here , that will explain exactly how to replace this power window motor. ( that is riveted in the door panel ). Video or pics wud be good. Thx

yaahoos

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 24, 2019
I hope that I’m not going overboard on my explanation but here goes.
1984 Pontiac grand prIx , drivers side window does not work at all . At the power window switch though, I have power on all wires entering the switch when they are used. I will assume that the motor it’s self is hooped. The window is all the way up, so is there somewhere on here , that will explain exactly how to replace this power window motor. ( that is riveted in the door panel ). Video or pics wud be good. Thx

yaahoos

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks everyone.... I drilled out the 3 rivets that appeared to be connecting to the motor and a couple more 1/2 way back for part of the regulator arms and the bolts securing the motor to the riveted part was easy to get out. Thanks again for all the tips. Wasn’t half as bad as I imagined! Hehe

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Does yours look like this (sans gear drive, obviously)?

Attachments

• B2F6EDC6-8056-43CE-9F48-93A43E99C674.jpeg
    B2F6EDC6-8056-43CE-9F48-93A43E99C674.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 138
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor