Driveshaft length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckgpa

n00b
May 28, 2016
?...need to know what length driveshaft for 81 el Camino...originally 4.4l V8 AT...got it as a roller but missing the driveshaft... been told to use 52 1/2" shaft...dropping in 350/350th...any help would be appreciated!!!

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Yep the stock 305/th350 drive shaft is 52 1/2". So if you are using the motor mounts and mounting holes for a SBC and the stock 7.5" rear-end then that is the length you want.

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
drogg1 is correct with the length being 52 1/2" u-joint center to u-joint center. I will add this is correct if using a th350 with a 6" tail, if using a 9" or 12" tail th350 adjust length accordingly.

Redneckgpa

n00b
May 28, 2016
Thanks guys.... You have confirmed my research.... I've always wanted a gbody or elco. Finally got one and can't wait to get it back on the road!!!...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor