Driveshaft length

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1980 Chevy Monte Carlo with a small block Chevy 400 700 R4 transmission and 7.5 rear end and if I switch the 7.5 rear end to a 8.5 rear end what length driveshaft will I need?THANKS

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
If it's all shortened to fit the 700R4, and the only other change is the rear end, it will need to be shortened another 1". That's the difference between the 7.5" rear and the 8.5" rear.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
They are over the place.... you should be able to find one in decent shape if really look and be patient for $750. Otherwise you're going to end up paying 1k or more.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
Yeah I was thinking in the neighborhood of 1K A friend of mine has one and I have to see how much he wants for it he's not using it at the time it's just in his car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor