driveshaft question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddjayl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2008
Leesburg, NJ
I have been trying to track down an oscillating type driveline vibration for some time now. i had a custom driveshaft made by who i thought was a reputable company. I noticed while setting the pinion angle with my new UMI control arms that the driveshaft caps are not perfectly aligned with each other. Best i can tell with an angle finder they are 4 degrees apart. Is this enough to cause a vibration? Pinion angle is perfect, new trans tailshaft bushing, wheels true and balanced, engine/trans and rear squared perfectly. Any help appreciated!

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
If they are truly 4* off then it's very likely the problem. But to be sure it needs checked from the insides of the bearing cap bores.

ddjayl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2008
Leesburg, NJ
OK, thanks. The place that made it will probably try and say I "twisted" it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor