Status
Not open for further replies.

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
What's up guys! it's been about two weeks since I last interacted with my regal, I ended up changing the old mechanical fuel pump... considering a conversion to electric pretty soon. however so far, so good still. On the other hand it's time to start working on the suspension, I just received my rear springs from OPG 3" drop & also my 3" drop shocks from Viking performance! Any advice that you guys can offer on installation? or maybe more parts to order in order to make my setup more compatible which each other to provide better ride quality. Anything would help... oh and also one more thing, my shocks have some sort of adjusting knobs what exactly are they used for?
thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    866.7 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: 1 user

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
Shock install with rear springs is about the easiest thing to do.
How did you lower the front?
yeah i've read the exact same thing.... i'm just not really sure if i'm missing something in order to be successful. Don't want to install somethin that can lead to another malfunction. I haven't done the front yet but my plan is 2" drops springs along with 1/2" taller upper ball joints but for now i'm just doing the rear since the parts are already here.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just from my personal experience (others have more), if you're taking the front down to meet the back, go ahead and pull the inner fenders and relocate everything mounted to them. I have Belltech 2" drop spindles, and had to stiffen the springs because the tops of the tires hit the inner fenders too much. It took it up higher, but I'm considering the tall lower ball joints (supposedly lowers 1/2-3/4"). I have Eibach Pro Kits on the back and it still sits too low even with a 1" spacer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor