Drop spindles for drag racing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2017
I’ve searched and not gotten a definitive answer on whether drop spindles are ok or will they hurt the launch for drag racing a g body. My set up is: 1986 Regal, Moroso rear drag springs, Speedway Motors boxed rear trailing arms, gasadjust shocks, 3.73 gears in the stock rear end. Front suspension is Moroso drag springs, Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks, no sway bar. I have not undertaken any weight reduction on the car as yet. The front end needs to come down about 2 inches for looks (stance). Will drop spindles get me the look/ stance without harming the launch at the drag strip? Still running the stock 307 now but hoping to upgrade in the near future to an Olds 350. Thanks.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You might want to wait if you haven't got your slicks and tires you want, it might give you a better stance. No the drop spindles won't hurt you I run them on my Sonoma

IMG_4117_102.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

82 elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2021
i use 4cyl S 10 front coils i would drill shocks 1/8 hole at top no sway bar easy cheap fix for some good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor