Drop spindles + lowering springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
Whats up guys,

So i'm thinking of dropping my buick regal... Idk if adding S-10 98-05 2" drop spindles + 2" lowering springs will give it that good look? Also if that's possible, what modifications would need to be done to my stock set up or is it direct fit?

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My wagon came like this... it sat on the bump stops without an engine. Now it just has the drop spindles and uncut 5660 springs.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
My 2 inch g body drop spindles dropped my front 3 inches and some wheels will not fit now.

• Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I ran into a track width problem with bell tech drop spindles.i called them with the suspicion and they confirmed that it can push the wheels out 3/8-1/2 inch per side variable from car to car.between that and my wilwood's pushing each side out another 3/4" per side i'm running stock spindles-shorter springs and different brakes.man what i lesson i got.i vote for shorter springs,

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I ran into a track width problem with bell tech drop spindles.i called them with the suspicion and they confirmed that it can push the wheels out 3/8-1/2 inch per side variable from car to car.between that and my wilwood's pushing each side out another 3/4" per side i'm running stock spindles-shorter springs and different brakes.man what i lesson i got.i vote for shorter springs,

I use the F body spindles which also move the wheel out about 1/2" but I have the camber set at negative .75°. Drop spindles are for appearance only, they do not help to get the increased negative camper when cornering. Lowering springs help to get the upper control arm point up instead of down. When pointed down the positive camber is increased before you get any negative camber when that corner is compressed

Last edited:

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
dang those replies were quick, y'all the best man I appreaciate that haha! but yeah i've been reading about the wheels being pushd out... it'd be much more of a hassle installing those spindles, right. I'll probably get a coilovers set up in the near future.
any suggestions on which brand of prings and correct rate to purchase, link?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Coilovers are a big $tep i'd run your combo by a customer
Service dept that way you get steered rite the firstime.keep your stock spindles,if nothing else you won't make the front end geometry any worse than when you started and you're not wasting your money on spindles that don't need,replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor