Drum brake shoe guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am doing the drum brakes (ugh!) and the shoe guides (?) are shot, just rusted away. Not a single brake parts kit includes them. Dorman calls them a shoe guide and only offers a single part number, 13896. It fits everything?!? And of course no one stocks them locally. Can this be for our cars too?
1627254827093.png
EDIT: RockAuto has them. The tax and shipping is triple what it costs for two guides. :doh:A jerk on Fleabay wanted $25 EACH!

Last edited:

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
These were used for about 30 years on GM cars so yea only one number needed. Something like 1964 - 1991 rear wheel drive drum brake apps.. Same on some Jeeps and others and will replace the angular looking ones on Fords.

All my local auto parts stores have to get it from a warehouse, and say they will have them in 2 days or less no shipping.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
All my local auto parts stores have to get it from a warehouse, and say they will have them in 2 days or less no shipping.
Lucky you. My local stores won't even ship to the store. I have to pay for it to come to me and wait. I miss the "mom and pop" stores. So it is a universal fit- thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor