Dual exhaust crossmember?? 87 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyp77

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2014
Hey guys. I have a 1987 Olds Cutlass that i swapped an olds 425 bb in place of the stock 307. I put on a set of W/Z exhaust manifolds that i bought from Thornton. The car currently has the stock thm200-c and stock crossmember for single exhaust pipe. I want to run a 2-1/2 inch or maybe 2-3/4 inch dual exhaust to the back. I'm on a tight budget. My question is can i get a dual exhaust crossmember out of a junkyard car that is compatible or closely compatible with little modification. Are any other cars cross compatible with a g body Cutlass? Also i have a Chevy th350 that i want to swap in place of the th200c. I bought a cheap adapter plate with some modification of the adapter plate i did get the Chevy trans to bolt up to the olds engine but i don't know if the torque converter will work. I can see there is a very noticeable difference between a Chevy and olds torque converter. Can i use one with the olds engine or so i have to buy something Custom? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor