OLDS Dual exhaust with stock manifolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Good evening,

I am helping a friend with his 79 cutlass build. We are going to be adding the exhaust soon and this is what he would like to do. He wants to keep the stock exhaust manifolds on his 403 but run a dual exhaust. We are looking for a kit to buy that will hook up to the stock manifolds but not use a cross over pipe.

Does such a kit exist? Would this be easier to just have an exhaust shop custom make the system?

Thank you.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Pypes will probably have everything you need for manifold dual exhaust. I used this set of down pipes on my '80 with a 350 Olds in it and they fit perfectly. They are listed as '68-'72 BBO but don't let that scare you, they fit small and BB Olds v8's. The Olds engineers didn't use different down popes for each engine they just changed the exhaust manifolds that are BBO and SBO specific. This is the set installed on my car, no clearance issues at all between the '68-'72 frame and my '80. I used a set of Thornton SS tube exhaust manifolds but the pipes sit in the same place. I plan to replace the rest of my exhaust next year as my existing mufflers are rotten and are choked down now from the 2.5" down pipes to the 2" existing exhaust pipes from 30 years ago. I'll probably fit a Pypes system for the '68-'72 Cutlass to my '80 when the time comes.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
This is great! Having everything come from one company would help. Pypes looks like a good way to go. I'll let him know tomorrow. Thank you and really appreciate the info!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor