Dual Feed Line Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I have a leak coming from the fitting on my dual feed line to my Summit carb. It's not the fittings that screw into the carb, but where the fuel hose goes has to attach to a fitting that screws into the dual line hose (I hope that makes sense). Has anyone has an issue with this before that can point me in the right direction? The car started right up.

20181013_164822.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It sounds like the flare is not seating properly or was over tightened maybe try some Teflon tape around it as a temporary fix.

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Is it leaking from the part you have in your hand? The line looks to be stainless steel correct?
Look at the flare to see if there is a burr left at the end of the flare. An O-Ring pick or scratch awl should remove it. If it is clean, check the taper for cracks. If none are found and it is a stainless line you may have to tighten- loosen-tighten a few times to get the angled faces to mate and seal correctly.
inline sh*t.jpeg
Hope this helps!
Bob S.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Is it leaking from the part you have in your hand? The line looks to be stainless steel correct?
Look at the flare to see if there is a burr left at the end of the flare. An O-Ring pick or scratch awl should remove it. If it is clean, check the taper for cracks. If none are found and it is a stainless line you may have to tighten- loosen-tighten a few times to get the angled faces to mate and seal correctly.
View attachment 97493
Hope this helps!
Bob S.

Yes it's leaking from the part in my hand. It doesn't seem like the thread, more so the pipe, as you guys said, the flare isn't sealed correctly to the the dual intake inlet. I can't find what the exact part is on summit.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
That kind of dual inlet has issues, The chrome just doesnt fit right. There are factory type set ups and or AN types that fit better and don`t leak. Or even make your own using brass and or AN type fittings as well.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
This is the part that I think is causing problems

hly-34-21_s.jpg

It screws into the dual inlet and allows for the rubber hose to attach. The longer piece moves.

I'm going to back and check that I didn't use the brake booster fitting for the fuel line.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I went and got another fitting and that solved the problem, only to make gas shoot out of the carb lol.

I tried to adjust the float bowls, but the fuel level just wouldn't go down. It's time to take it to the carb doctor before I flood my engine...again. smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor