dual gate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
it would be nice to have a dual gate his/hers shifter if i could find one for sale? also what is a manual valve body inside an automatic transmission, what makes it different from stock?

yes i would be cool and good luck finding one from a 79 h/o parts car!You'll have to make one like me.A manual vlave body means you HAVE to shift the transmssion manually from 1st to 3rd and back like a standard transmission.You also have to pull out in 1st gear not Drive

could i ask how hard is it to do that, how long does it take and how much does a freakin transmission weigh? also def gonna get me an olds 350, a locker mechanism for my rear end to match up with some 373's long tube headers duals all the way back, console and buckets, blue buckets, maybe a megashifter to take the place of my z gate and MAYBE a MSD 6al also i would like to know what cam you'd reccomend for a lumpy lump kinda exhaust yet still daily driveable

I gots an olds 350 for sale $150 8) If your asking how hard it is to switch to a manual vlave body,i believe that its just a swap,i would still take it to the transmission shop and let them do it just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor