DUI distributor and Live Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I am looking to get a DUI distributor for sbc in my 84 cutlass.Has anyone purchased a set of their live wires? If so how did they fit? I am hesitant on buying prefabricated wires

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have not seen anyone here using those plug wires. What have you found from online reviews about them

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
not really much in the way of reviews or pictures

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we used the DUI distributor in our circle track cars where we had to use an HEI distributor. We chipped the car with aq 6200 rpm limiter and the DUI never skipped a beat. The stock HEI gets sporatic at high rpms. I don't know who makes their wires but it could be another company paying to use the DUI name

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I've had a DUI distributor & live wires on my SBO for the last ten years and they haven't skipped a beat. Both are high quality and were worth the money. Btw, my live wires are numbered at both ends.

Reactions: 1 users

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I've had a DUI distributor & live wires on my SBO for the last ten years and they haven't skipped a beat. Both are high quality and were worth the money. Btw, my live wires are numbered at both ends.
the plot thickens. the olds wires were preterminated? how was fitment?

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
the plot thickens. the olds wires were preterminated? how was fitment?
The Olds wires were assembled & the fitment was really good. I'm surprised to hear that the Chevy version is built differently, maybe they are all built that way now?

Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
From the DUI website (http://performancedistributors.com/product/chevy-livewires/) I found the following description:

Chevrolet LiveWires
$95.00 – $155.00
  • High Temperature Sleeve Protects Wire Up To 1400°
  • Custom Fit And Numbered For Each Cylinder
  • Spiral Wound Core Prevents Radio Interference
  • Low Resistance Value Of 300-350 Ohms Per Foot
  • Durable Silicone Jacket And Insulation
  • No Cutting or Splicing – All Sets Ready To Install

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor