Dupli Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A good company to deal with. I had a quart of Dupli Color matte clear that turned out to be bad. It started to turn to jell in the gun as I was shooting so the job is messed and my devilbiss plus needed a real good cleaning. Now I'll have to sand off the product. I shot off an email to Dupli Color last night voicing my complaints and received an email back today giving me the option of have the product replaced or a refund. I chose the refund and sent off the receipt to them. It sucks I wasted my time but they were quick with their reply and no questions asked. They did apologize and said good luck with my project.... :)

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Nice to see a company act that way in this day and age of "everyones fault but mine"

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It was nice to see that especially with clear coat. The Dupli Color matte clear doesn't need to be mixed but they could have asked if I might have contaminated the product with something left in the gun. I even thought it might be something I left in the gun but I tried it out in a touch up gun I have and the same thing happened. I've already sanded the bad clear and will be picking up another matte clear coat tomorrow that is a 2 part product. It's $63 for a quart but that isn't bad. I paid $80 per quart for 3 quarts of the flattening agent plus the clear coat last time I painted the whole car.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Ok, so I don`t get why you want matte clear if your painting a whole car :? don`t you usually want it glossy?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Lots of people asked me that question when I painted it 3 years ago and after it was done I got compliments where ever I went. I like the look of matte on my GP...it's a 69 chevy dusk blue base with a matte clear. The matte clear is a $3,000 option on a Mercedes.

P1010189.JPG

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Ok now I get it. Looks nice in the pic. It must be even better in daylight. Kinda looks like the finish you get with plasti-dip. I don`t know in your area but that`s all the rage around here.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
plastic dip is big here too. It's nice that you can put it on anything and it sticks but if you want to remove it you just peel it off. I didn't use any. I sanded and painted all the chrome to match the car and the black is done in SEM trim paint

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Looks like you`re in fashion 3 years before everyone else :D

I like the black chrome look. It`s different without looking out of place.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Sorry about your experience man. All that hard work and one jug of paint to ruin it just to start again. It was probably just a defective batch is all. Im not a painter so i dont paint much but when i do i always do an old body panel like a hood for a test run just to dial in the gun that way i can make sure the product is good and its not gonna ruin what i paint.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's not that bad, it took me an hour to sand it down the quater panel with 220 and I'll just hit with some 400 and clear it again tonite. With clear if you get to it before it really cures it's easy to work with. If everything works out tonite I'll have the car back on the road tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor