Duroc The Family Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I had a 84 Grand Prix sedan in the same color combo, but it had the brougham interior. It was a grandpa car until I put some chrome wheels on it and tinted the windows. I was in my early 20's at the time and my job switched brands on neon stuff, so full neon under the dash and rear seats, full on system. My friends called it the Pimp mobile.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Happy Anniversary.
Thanks for the well wishes.
Bummer on the issues but at least it's provided a good summer for you. Good timing with winter, gives you some time for upgrades/changes ;)
I agree. I was not going to do anything to this car this year, but after driving the GS again I really would like to get a Series two engine in this car. I was planning on getting my 77 Ford going this winter and of course house renovations. We shall see what happens.

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
The car had been working great for months as my daily. Friday night kind of went to sh*t for me. It was my ten year wedding anniversary Friday. When I got off work I had a few places to stop. First one was at the gas station. I went to play and found my debut card had expired 9,21 and now it was 10,21. Lucky me I actually had a bunch of cash in my wallet. Then it started raining. So I had the AC on. I left town and was heading to pick up food and go home. I was driving down the highway and I could smell something burning. Then I realized it was not going away. sh*t it must be me. Then the volt light popped on. I hurried up and shut the AC off and pulled off the highway and then I had no power steering. Right then I knew what had happened. Sure enough the used AC compressor I put on the car a couple months ago locked up and nocked all the belts off. I had a few tools in the trunk. I got the power steering belt bumped back on. The alternator belt was tangled up, but not broke. The AC belt was gone. I tried my damndest to put the alternator belt back on. Beings it was curly cued up it was like a inch too short. I cobbled it on twice, but it would throw off after a few seconds of starting the car. I did have a couple guys stop and try to lend a hand. That was kind of cool and unheard of now a days. I had to call my wife to come get me. Saturday morning me and my boy went and picked up the car with the truck and trailer. View attachment 184940 I bought this trailer two weeks ago and this was the first time I hauled anything with it. I got home and went to unload the car. First the catalyst converter caught on the trailer and broke the pipe. Then the tail pipe caught the ground and folded under the car and bent the muffler all to hell. So now the turd is down for a while. I got the GS out today. That car runs so good. I need that engine in the Century and then I would have something. All in all I had to laugh at the hole ordeal. Beings my wedding anniversary and all. My wife has learned to expect this kind of thing out of me.
Good timing on the purchase of the trailer, it seems that delays and setbacks are all at the wrong time. In the end, if you can have a laugh, you're the winner over the situation.
Cheers to you, and Happy Anniversary!!

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Congratulations on marrying someone who tolerates your car problem. A whole new exhaust under there will be less than a new car payment…

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Good timing on the purchase of the trailer, it seems that delays and setbacks are all at the wrong time. In the end, if you can have a laugh, you're the winner over the situation.
Cheers to you, and Happy Anniversary!!
The funny thing about the trailer is. I have a car trailer too, but no ramps for it yet. It was a tilt bed trailer. The tilt bed hinges broke on me when I went to pick up this car when I bought it. I welded the tong solid and have not gotten to making ramps yet. I have the steel though.

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Let me know if you plan on replacing those front window sweeps and where you find them!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What a cool everyday car! And so clean. But these mechanical issues are just the car saying it wants a Buick V-8, a 350 would be perfect.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor