E-85

justdandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 20, 2022
I want to run 8-85in my elky. I run 93 oct now for knock supression 'cause of the engine build. My car is '84 base coupe el Camino, It had 305 w/ lock up converter when I bought it 10 or so years ago with 81,000 miles. I drove it to FL from Colorado.
Now has a hot 400SB, 700R4, posi, with fitech TBI. Fitec says I can run E-85 just have to up my cu.in 30%. What do we know about fuel lines? I've replace all my rubber with auto part store rubber line in the last 4 yrs. Do we know how to ID rubber line that is fit for E-85?
I want E-5 for cost and performance.
I'd be glad for any input. thanks

From what I remember you need to be able to flow almost 1.5 times the e-85 compared to gasoline. So that requires a modified carburetor to flow that much fuel, and a pump that can handle the capacity. Ethanol will eat standard rubber lines over time, so make sure they are compatible with ethanol.

Reactions: 86LK and Rktpwrd
he did say Fitec so that indicates fuel injection to me, no carb. IIRC, we had a thread on this a couple months ago about rubber hose. do a quick search for it, but yes, you will need special hose and you'll still need a return line if you don't already have one

ok I got it the e-85 hose spec is SAE 30R14. gotta get under and look at what I've got. thanks friends
f

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor