E-brake cable ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ll go at it again tomorrow. There’s so many wires in the way that make the job 5 Xs more difficult

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Finally got the job done. Found a little helpfull trick on my own. After already having the union connection undone in the rear seat area. I noticed the front cable has a stopper on the cable itself right at the spring under the drivers foot area. There’s a small round clip thar holds the spring in place and stops the cable from sliding into the car. Once I removved that little clip I was able to get all the slack I needed to make the cable connection inside EASILY. Connected everything back together and for the first time since I’ve owned the car, it has a functioning E-brake. Rack that up to a repair I NEVER want to do again. Thanx for all the helpfull suggestions/advice.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor