E brake/ parking brake needed!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_garnz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2021
Adrian Michigan
In the process of upgrading brakes ( blazer spindle and caliper up front) I'm wanting to do the rear in disc brakes too. I'm wondering with either the aftermarket kits or the 00 LS Camaro rears, the E brake is necessary? I've never used one in an automatic car. The aftermarket kits have optional E brake or no, and I assume if you don't run one with the 00 Camaro parts there will be no issue. Anyone with pros vs cons? I live in a flat state and the car is a warm weather cruiser.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You want a P brake. Unlike an automatic with a parking pawl, you do not want to go rolling.
I used the Camaro brakes, not sure what the Blazer provides to engage the Shoe, but the backing plate has a built in cable bracket. I made adapter brackets to connect the G body cable end to the P brake levers.

Attachments

• E644EE1B-33DB-4B95-AD21-645A62F76F23.jpeg
    E644EE1B-33DB-4B95-AD21-645A62F76F23.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
You want a P brake. Unlike an automatic with a parking pawl, you do not want to go rolling.
I used the Camaro brakes, not sure what the Blazer provides to engage the Shoe, but the backing plate has a built in cable bracket. I made adapter brackets to connect the G body cable end to the P brake levers.
can you share a pic of what you did to attach it to the backing plate? im currently on this project. tia

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Last edited:

dmac35242

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2021
Birmingham, AL
I did the Blazer rear for two main reasons.
#1...I'm cheap
#2...I have a Pull-A-Part nearby that helps me be cheap.
Good bang for the buck using 98% factory parts and 2% creativity.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
can you share a pic of what you did to attach it to the backing plate? im currently on this project. tia
Are you asking about how the Ebrake cable connects into linkage on the backing plate?

I'll edit my thread and post it when I'm done.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Are you asking about how the Ebrake cable connects into linkage on the backing plate?

I'll edit my thread and post it when I'm done.
Yea. I purchased my kit through big brake upgrade and it is a backing plate with a lever. I’m sure I can figure something out. Just figured some of you guys must’ve already done this several times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor