E brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MemphisTim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 6, 2019
I am attempting to put body bushings on my 87 Monte Carlo and want to know does the parking brake need to be disconnected and if so how do you do it. Any help or video would be greatly appreciated

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Check to see if there's a bracket bolting the cable to the frame under the driver side front. Can't remember off hand. I think that would be the only thing that you would need to take loose if it's there.

Now getting all the body bolts to come out.................

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

MemphisTim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 6, 2019
When I did mine I did one side at a time and I didn’t have to lift the body that high. I don’t remember having to disconnect the E brake but it’s been a few years
THX for replying but the #3 and #2 bushings on the driver side Steve the ones I can’t get the body up high enough because the cable runs through the firewall and through the frame. So I believe it has to be disconnected

MemphisTim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 6, 2019
Check to see if there's a bracket bolting the cable to the frame under the driver side front. Can't remember off hand. I think that would be the only thing that you would need to take loose if it's there.

Now getting all the body bolts to come out.................

Hutch
Thx for the help. I actually got all the bolts loose, and I believe the brake is the only thing not allowing me to get the #2 and 3 bushings changed out

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
When I did my bonneville , I tried to disconnect it from inside the car. Not a lot of room to work there so I opted to disconnect it from the frame under the car. I found there was more room to work on it there.
Timo22

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Another thing to check, you may have a price bolted below the driveshaft to stop it from falling if it broke. I don't think your lifting the body that high, but it could happen. Ask me how I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor