Early Christmas USA1

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Went to shoot Saturday with my son and his friend and my buddy came up to me grinning like a Cheshire cat saying he been looking for me for a month. In his hand was a box and he pulled out 2 original USA1 tags. He gave me one. He has had these in the box for who knows how long. Gonna be a good fit on the El C. I am thinking late 70's???

Attachments

• 106_1040.JPG
    106_1040.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Those started somewhere in the later 60s best I can recall. My dad worked at Corvette and he brought home a box of those one time with about 15 or 20 plates. I know it was before my birthday in 1970 because I got a new Schwinn with a banana seat on it for that birthday and I put one of thoe plates on the back of it with a series of zip ties. Kids were stupid then just as they are now. I was sticking those things up all over the place.

Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Think it was part of the Chevrolet sales pitch until the early 80's.
Its where I got the idea for the vanity plates on my 79 Monte Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor