Early Monte Carlo Cowl to Core Support Braces

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
. A fellow member , ssbrewskyaz, wanted me to make a set of these braces for his wagon project. I
had previously sold him a factory set with the dogleg brace on the passenger side. He didn't really
like the way the crooked brace looked so he asked me to make a set. He was very pleased with the
new straight braces. They fit his car perfectly.
Although I can recall getting a set of these braces that both were straight, the past 3 or 4 sets I have found were the dogleg variety. My Malibu is in storage so I cannot check to see if there would be a clearance issue with air cleaner. I have run a string from where the hole in the cowl to the core support and it seems to clear a 14" air cleaner.
I have made 4 more sets of these braces. One set is for my car , but if anyone is interested, the other
3 are for sale. These braces are made from new tubing and are primed and painted black. If interested , let me know...timo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.9 KB · Views: 1,556
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    788.7 KB · Views: 1,337
Reactions: 1 user

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
Very interesting. How much are these? Do you paint them or ship them bare? Can you put a bend in either brace? I have a Cadillac engine swap in the future and the factory air cleaner points on the driver's side. I'm not sure I really need these braces, but they are the only braces I don't have yet on my car. They will fit with the engine but the driver's side would have to have a bend in it for the factory air cleaner.

Last edited:

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Sir, I'm not really sure about bending them. The whole reason I made these was to get away from the bent passenger side. Right now , all of my sets are painted. If there is enough interest, I will be making more and can offer sets painted or bare.The tubing is 3/4" ERW .049 g.
These first sets will be 60.00 plus shipping. I have seen the factory MC bars go for more than that and I don't think they were refinished. I have dealt with many members on this site and have always received positive feedback on not only the quality, but pricing also. Your input is welcomed. timo

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
60 dollars for a pair fully painted seems like a good price to me. Don't forget the hardware!

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I include the welded stud and nut for the cowl side and you use the existing bolt on the core support side.
So, really the only loose prices are the nuts. When I sell any of my parts, I include the necessary fasteners for easy installation. What good is the part if when you get it, you have to locate the fasteners? Thanks for your input..timo

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The look great, especially if you don't need the bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor