Easiest way to drain a fuel tank on a non running car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I assume pressurizing the tank with compressed air is the best way?

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
18A6C6F7-3FFC-427A-87E0-E4CD0B2CF2C6.jpeg

You didn’t specify if you wanted to keep the tank or not....

This is the way.

(Mandalorian reference fully intended)
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I bought the cheap siphon from HF, worked great, drained coupe tank completely.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mccormack944

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
Electric pump? Jump power and ground to it. If not and you don’t want to keep the tank an AIR drill drill a 1/4” hole in the bottom. Key word is air drill and drill slow

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I prefer to not drink gas or spend the day squeezing a pump ball... get you a cheapie electric pump, jumper wires, and enough rubber fuel line...

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Drilling is an idea but also involves a potential mess. A shame to waste a good 1/2 tank of 91, non ethanol Premium gas. I don't think I have an inline fuel pump anymore.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I prefer to not drink gas or spend the day squeezing a pump ball... get you a cheapie electric pump, jumper wires, and enough rubber fuel line...

I would highly recommend against this. I nearly burnt The Juggernaut to the ground and killed myself in the process doing this many years ago. One wrong move and your life can change in an instant.
Ask me how I know. On second thought, don’t. It’s not something I particularly care to relive.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I put the rear axle up on jack stands. Then I disconnected the inlet hose to the mechanical fuel pump, got a siphon going into a pair of gas cans and got most of the gas out of the tank, dumping it into the other car. Diluted down, it burned just fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor