Easter Weekend Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
Hi Gang and Happy Easter!

The family and I went to Dallas for Easter weekend in the Roady. Really a nice weekend, got home a few hours ago.

Went yarding during the day Saturday, basically struck out on wagons, but saw some neat stuff. Got all the electrical parts for my '88 Cutlass too. Woo-Hoo! Will be taking them over to Robert's shop tomorrow...hopefully some work!

Was a bust for wagons. Saw one very stripped 94 Caprice wagon, and that was it. If anyone has it, I REALLY REALLY need the 94-96 rectangular driver's side door panel trim around the door handle that also has the lock slider/control and speaker mounted to it. I don't care what color...I'll SEM it. I've given up...EVERY ONE is broken down here. Please let me know!

I did have fun though, and got some neat G-body stuff, Here's some Dallas yard pics for you guys:

4th gen Z28 convertible
EasterWeekend001.jpg

Here's something kinda neat. It was pretty beat up, but early 80's Bonneville with factory bucket seats, floor shift, and Rally II wheels
EasterWeekend004.jpg

EasterWeekend002.jpg

EasterWeekend003.jpg

I found three Cavalier Z24's. Two had good hoods too
EasterWeekend005.jpg

These fiberglass hoods are actually somewhat functional. There is a hole on the bottom of the hood that seats to an opening on the air cleaner housing. Kinda neat!
EasterWeekend006.jpg

EasterWeekend008.jpg

EasterWeekend010.jpg

EasterWeekend009.jpg

Z24-specific gauges..200K miles!
EasterWeekend011.jpg

EasterWeekend007.jpg

Also found this older Z24...older style interior with digital gauges
EasterWeekend014.jpg

EasterWeekend015.jpg

EasterWeekend016.jpg

EasterWeekend017.jpg

Solid Elky
EasterWeekend013.jpg

EasterWeekend012.jpg

Now THIS was my favorite. Black over black leather late 70's Grand Prix T-top. The back seat was perfect, and I stashed the lower cushion in the trunk for a friend. I snagged a perfect T-top trunk storage bag, and also got the plastic interior trim that sits under the t-top bar. I'm going to mount an 80's Camaro dome light to it and save my original panels. Need to find some SEM blue. I didn't snag the t-tops....should have though. Grrr.
EasterWeekend018.jpg

EasterWeekend019.jpg

EasterWeekend020.jpg

$13! Woo-Hoo!
EasterWeekend044.jpg

There was also a pretty good assortment of older stuff. Most was pretty picked over, but still fun to look at. Here are some intersting ones.
EasterWeekend021.jpg

EasterWeekend022.jpg

EasterWeekend030.jpg

EasterWeekend023.jpg

EasterWeekend028.jpg

EasterWeekend029.jpg

EasterWeekend031.jpg

EasterWeekend024.jpg

EasterWeekend025.jpg

EasterWeekend026.jpg

EasterWeekend027.jpg

EasterWeekend032.jpg

EasterWeekend033.jpg

EasterWeekend034.jpg

EasterWeekend035.jpg

EasterWeekend036.jpg

EasterWeekend037.jpg

EasterWeekend038.jpg

EasterWeekend039.jpg

EasterWeekend040.jpg

EasterWeekend041.jpg

EasterWeekend042.jpg

EasterWeekend043.jpg

And what do all responsible wagon owners do after parking their babies in dusty salvage yard parking lots??
EasterWeekend045.jpg

Saturday evening myself, my wife, our kids, plus the in-laws loaded into the wagon for a wedding reception. My wife's older sister got married in Aruba..I think...some island..ha...and we had a big party for them on Lake Lewisville at a place called Sneaky Pete's. Neat BIG place on the lake. Got to watch a HECK of a big thunderstorm that passed to the north of the lake. Good lightning show, and no hail, thankfully. My new brother-in-law seem like a good guy...and I danced with my wife...twice..ha...which made her happy. :roll:

This morning my father-in-law and I went on a really nice motorcycle ride. Dallas has had rain, and it's GREEN up there. Rolling hills and tree-covered country roads between Red Oak and Waxahachie. He was on his Vulcan Classic and I rode my mother-in-law's red Honda Pacific Coast, which is a lot like riding the world's largest scooter. It's so easy to ride I think my 9-year-old could handle it, but it made for a smooth easy cruise.

EasterWeekend053.jpg

After that we got in the Roady wagon and I got to do a little off-road driving. Who needs and SUV when you have a Roady wagon! Ha! It did fine in the grasslands. Was not muddy, thankfully!
EasterWeekend047.jpg

EasterWeekend046.jpg

My in-laws made a BIG Easter lunch and my parents showed up, and we all had a good meal and a nice visit. The in-laws bought my oldest kiddo an electric scooter...that's pretty fast! He loved it, and we had fun watching him ride it.
EasterWeekend050.jpg

EasterWeekend052.jpg

Played outside at the in-laws after lunch. My youngest LOVES playing in the back of my father-in-laws Silverado:
EasterWeekend049.jpg

Fun times with the family
EasterWeekend051.jpg

Loaded up the Roady, said goodbye's, and headed back south to Austin! This is my favorite family car!
EasterWeekend048.jpg

The Roady did great. Not one issue with it. That is SUCH a good trip car! I did the mileage, and it got 22.3mpg, which is awesome considering it was loaded the entire trip, plus we had a big headwind coming home.

Oh and we spoke in another thread about "Mexican Wagon Trains" keeping me entertained on I-35 between Dallas and Austin. These guys buy rusty trade-in trucks, equipment, and other stuff from up north and lug it back down to Mexico. Came across a REALLY good group of them. Soon to be chased by the DEA and Border Patrol..ha. These were great! Not just beat-up rusty trucks, but with Jet Skis and 4-wheeler's strapped on too! Ha! I'm AMAZING how they strap this stuff on! Ha!
EasterWeekend064.jpg

EasterWeekend058.jpg

EasterWeekend057.jpg

EasterWeekend055.jpg

EasterWeekend056.jpg

And that monster had two more towing along with it:
EasterWeekend054.jpg

EasterWeekend060.jpg

EasterWeekend059.jpg

EasterWeekend061.jpg

EasterWeekend062.jpg

EasterWeekend063.jpg

Hope you liked the pics!

Again, Happy Easter Gang!

-Mike

ryanss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2011
DFW
Looked like good times. That is a clean wagon.

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
Just an FYI that black Grand Prix is at Pick-N-Pull in East Dallas. Take 175 east to 2nd, hang a left on 2nd and follow it until you see the yard. LOTS of good black interior trim, and the T-tops are still on it.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor